This year in June I’m turning 20 years old. Oh how time flies. I remember when I was a little child, I always thought that the people in their early 20’s are so grown up. Now I’m turning 20 and I feel like I’m still the little girl from back then. But of course, that’s not the case. I made a lot of experiences during these two decades, good and bad ones. I was happy, but also sad. I achieved success, I made mistakes. I met good but also bad people, who changed my life in different ways. And I lost some of my loved ones – which caused a new view on life, a new way of thinking. So I’m definitely not a little girl anymore.
Even though 20 years are not very long, I changed and especially learned a lot and that’s what I’m going to talk about today – 20 things I learned before turning 20. I think it’s a good way to recall the past. So let’s start 🙂
- Be kind, because kindness always wins.
- Do good and good will come to you (well, most of the time).
- Follow your heart but don’t lose your mind.
- Learn to love and accept yourself. Because “the quirky things are what make you beautiful.”
- Try not to care so much what other people say or think.
- Don’t be too worried. No one expects you to plan out your whole future. At the end it always changes anyway, so just enjoy your life and let things happen.
- People come and go, not all friends are ment to last.
- If someone wants to change you and doesn’t accept you the way you are, cut them out of your life. They’re not worth your time.
- Spend enough time with your family and show them your love and appreciation. Because one day it’s maybe too late.
- Appreciate the little things in life and be grateful.
- Don’t let your anxiety define you.
- Find the things that make you happy and do more of it.
- You can’t make everyone happy and not everyone is going to like you. That’s life.
- There will be bad times. You’ll feel sad and lonely and yes you’ll cry your eyes out but it’ll get better. Believe it or not.
- Challenge yourself from time to time and don’t underestimate yourself!
- As Audrey Hepburn once said: “Opportunities don’t often come along. So when they do, you have to grab them.”
- Never give up and follow your dreams. Do what makes you feel good and never ever let anyone drag you down.
- You’ll make mistakes and that’s ok. Learn from it and move on.
- Don’t overthink too much and don’t hide. Be yourself in front of others, because at the end we’re all just humans.
- And last but not least, you’re responsible for your own happiness. Never ever leave your happiness in someone else’s hand!
So these are 20 things I learned during the past years. Of course, there are loads more but these were the first 20 that came to my mind. Which are the most important things you’ve learned? Do you share some of these aspects or is your list completely different? I would love to know, so feel free to comment below 🙂
Lots of love and see you soon,
Your Shirinatra xx