Since I fell in love with Old Hollywood and the fashion of the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s, it has always been a dream of mine to write a blog about my passions and to share them with everyone, especially with people who have the same interests as me. But I never knew how to start. After months of long thoughts I finally decided to pick it up and give it a go – no matter how things will turn out!
But before I start my first “real” blogpost, I want to tell you all about Shirinatra. So here are 15 random facts!
1. My name is Shirin and I’m a 19 years old Girl (Born on June 8 1998) from East-Germany, so please forgive me if I make some grammatical errors or whatever.
2. “Shirinatra” is my boyfriends creation and it’s a composition of my first name and Frank Sinatra’s last name. For everyone who’s wondering, Frank Sinatra is my favorite singer and one of the reasons why I adore Old Hollywood. He’s one of my mood-enhancers. Be that as it may, thank you to my love for being so creative and “inventing” the name Shirinatra.
3. I fell in love with Old Hollywood and Vintage stuff at the age of 15. My mum once told me about Audrey Hepburn which was one of her favorite actresses and so I decided to watch “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” for the first time. That was the beginning of my admiration for Audrey, who is (beside my mum) one of my biggest role models now! 🙂 After watching her movies, everything took its course and Old Hollywood became my biggest passion.
4. I’ve always been interested into fashion and make-up. I was one of the girls who applied make up at a very young age and I have to admit that I can’t live without my mascara and my eyebrow powder 😀 Anyway. I always changed my styles through the years. From casual to hipster to chic or everything at the same time. But since I watched the old movies I found my own style. I don’t own many vintage clothes yet but my outfits always have a vintage touch. Whether it be some vintage jewlery, a 50’s makeup, a waist belt or a cute hairstyle.
5. I’m in love with black and white photography. I have my own camera, a Nikon D5100 which I got for my youth ceremony (it’s a ceremony in which teenagers are given adult social status) and I love to capture all kind of things. Photography has always been a great hobby of mine and a few years ago, I made my own little “Black and White portrait” project with my family and friends, which was a lot of fun. Anyhow, I can’t wait to take photographs for my blog and share them with you!
6. One of my other interests is Art. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved to draw. Portraits, buildings, the nature, animals – I try everything out but I mostly stick to my ink or pencils! I’m also one of the people who has tons of sketchbooks at home, even though I don’t need them at the moment 😀
7. I’m a bookworm. I try to read as much as I can because it helps me to relax and calm down for a while, especially after a stressful day. I just love to dive into other worlds, stories and characters and I can’t get enough of it.. Which is a problem sometimes because I spend way too much money for books 😀 Anyway. Some of my favorite authors are Jane Austen and F. Scott Fitzgerald. But I also read a lot of biographies, mostly about Old Hollywood actors and actresses.
8. Travelling is something I can’t live without. Luckily, my parents could gave me the opportunity to visit many different countries and cities and I really appreciate that. I also plan to make a work and travel with my boyfriend in Ireland for 6 months or longer. Since I made my A-levels this year, I have enough time to discover the world and so I’m going to use it. Something you should also know about me is that Rome is my favorite city. Everytime someone talks about Rome or I see a documentary or whatever, I begin to smile and rave about this beautiful city 😛
9. When someone would ask me if I’m an Introvert or an Extrovert, I would say Introvert without thinking twice about it. That doesn’t mean that I don’t like people or that I’m antisocial! I just like to be alone sometimes. I truly enjoy it and I need it. Most of the people I know, don’t understand that but that’s just the way I am. Audrey Hepburn once said: “I’m an introvert… I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky.” And I can totally relate to this quote. Anyone else?
10. Thinking about my personality in general, I would say I’m one of the people who are quiet in the presence of strangers. So I’m mostly a Listener but it always depends on the people who are around me. Of course, I also like to talk with my friends and family and sometimes I talk a mile a minute 😛 All in all, I’m a kind, very emotional and empathetic person who needs some time to get more open-minded.
11. Family is really important to me and I couldn’t live without any of them. I have a younger brother who’s interested into the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s kind of stuff which is really cool for his age, in my opinion. He and my parents always support me and they are also the ones who convinced me of starting my blog. Thank you for that! We also have a little dog, a toy poodle called Suri. I absolutely love dogs, especially this little cutiepie. You’ll see her in some of my future posts.
12. To come back to the Old Hollywood/Vintage topic, as I already said, Audrey Hepburn and Frank Sinatra are some of my favorites. I have tons of movies and books of them and other stars, for example Doris Day, Sophia Loren and Alain Delon, and I want my collection to grow more and more! I would say it’s a little obsession 😀 But besides, I also adore modern actors and actresses like Emma Watson, Lily Collins and Leonardo DiCaprio.
13. Other things I like: I’m in love with the nature and long walks. It’s a great feeling to walk around and watch how the trees are dancing in the wind or the sky changes its colors. It’s very calming and beautiful. Another random fact about me is that I’m a sweet tooth and I don’t hide it. Candy, Cakes and Chocolate (the “3 C’s”) are what makes me happy when I’m in a bad mood. Well, food in general 😀 Third fact, I have glasses for distance and without them I’m a very blind lady.
14. I own a Instagram account called @missaudreyshollywood, which is about Old Hollywood actors and actresses, especially Audrey Hepburn. I created the page 3 years ago and never regret it, because it gave me the chance to meet the most beautiful and loveliest people in the world! 🙂 I’m really grateful for that.
15. But now the final question: What will this blog be about? As you may imagine, this blog will be about fashion, make-up and Old Hollywood stuff in general. I plan to make some inspired looks and give you an insight into my vintage lifestyle and my other passions which include art, literature and travelling.
Well, that’s it. These were just a few facts about me and I’m sure you’ll get to know me better from time to time. Thank you so much for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. You can always contact me on my Instagram or comment under my blogposts my lovelies! Lots of love and stay tuned for more,
Your Shirinatra xx